I am not the best at following rules or participating in tagging memes… my intentions to play along are always there, but my follow through is more hit or miss. But last week I was tagged in the same meme three times by three blogger friends. So… how could I not play along?
But, I am still going to break the rules!
You are supposed to answer 11 questions which they give you and then tag 11 more bloggers and give them 11 more questions to answer. But I am just going to answer the 11 questions and tag anyone who wants to play… and if you want to play – you have 33 questions to choose from – so have fun!
The first From Teresa- memes and fiction
1) What is the best food on a hot summer day? – salad…
2) If you had an extra room in your house, how would you use it? – we actually have two guest bedrooms which come in handy on the beach… we always have a lot of friends and family visiting us – especially in the summer
3) What is the strangest food you have ever eaten? – Ostrich – I liked it, but it was a little gamey
4) What do you remember about your first day of school? This I don’t remember, but I have heard the story enough to feel like I do… The day of my kindergarten orientation I cried the entire time. My teacher who had a BAD reputation for hating boys tried to comfort me, and I pulled away. She approached my mom later and told her… She made a comment to indicate that she thought I had something against her… My mom drove my dad crazy worrying that the teacher would hold my actions against me during the school year. Finally after questioning me every day why I cried I finally admitted that when we walked into school I wanted to hold my friend Daniel’s hand (we lived on the same block) but he didn’t want me to… so I cried….
5) What Olympic sport would you like to try? – Ice skating – was going to learn but then I had to go into a scoliosis brace….
7) Where is the farthest you have ever traveled? – California or Aruba (I am too lazy to google distances)
8) Have you ever been mentioned in the newspaper? – Yes – a few times – the local one from my town for winning an art award and once for a NY state one where my mom and I were interviewed at an animal shelter where we were looking at dogs.
9) What do you miss from your childhood? My dad
10) Share a favorite picture of yourself, and tell us about it. This is Marc and my wedding in Aruba
The second from Jen at Grown in Southern Ground
- If you could be an audience member in any game or talk show taping, what would it be? – I always wanted to be in the audience of Oprah
- Have you ever stayed in a hostel? Nope….
- What are three foods you hate? I really don’t hate any foods… I eat everything
4. Are you superstitious? Yes, but not as much as when I was younger
5. What are your biggest fears? Something terrible happening to someone I love
6. Who is your favorite TV character? I currently love Derrick Morgan on Criminal Minds
7. What was the last concert you went to? Roger Waters. I am excited to be seeing Ringo Starr in June and Peter Gabriel in September
8. What is your beauty routine? Very minimal… I don’t wear makeup.
9. How are you going to celebrate Memorial Day tomorrow? – ok, I am a little late here… My mom was visiting in from FL so I spent the day with her and Marc on the beach, and we smoked some chicken for dinner.
10. What three books would you want with you if you were stuck on a deserted island? – I wouldn’t. If I was stuck on a deserted island the last thing on my mind would be reading.
11. What is the best meal you’ve ever made? (Share the recipe!) – I love making veggie lasagna… but like most things I make, I just wing it and it comes out different every time…
And third from Angela of journey of my life
1. What is your life philosophy? – Live every day to its fullest as if it is your last. One day it will be and you will be prepared.
2. What was your childhood’s dream? Did it come true? To be happy… and yes, it did come true (and I even got to live on the beach with an amazing man and a cat- how is that for dreams coming true!)
3. Name one person that has inspired you the most in your life – Alex the cat… and his cousin the cat. How they both handled having their tails amputated was inspirational….
4. Who do you love the most in your life? – I can’t pick. I love my mom and my husband more than words can say… but one more? I don’t know… Different is a better term.
5. What is your most memorable moment in your life? When Marc and I got married on the beach in Aruba….
6. Where is your favorite vacation spot? Duh, based on #5….Aruba….
7. Where is one place that you must visit before you die? I don’t have a travel bucket list….
8. What is one thing that you must do before you die? Finish my book and actually sell a copy or two (I am in editing mode)
9. If you know tomorrow is the day that you would leave this world, what would be one advice that you would behind? Work not for the job you have but the job you want to have…
10. If tomorrow is the day that you would die, who would be the person that you would like to spend the rest of hours with? I would like to spend my final hours in Marc’s arms…